• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Call for Help!

2jquared

OK, this is not an event yet, but a call for help!

My name is Jonathan, my wife and I love brewing.  We live in Boise, Id USA and we have a very dear friend that we love even more than brewing, Steve Palesch, that unfortunately got diagnosed with AML a form of Leukemia witch is blood cancer on the 01/01/2012. 
We would like to put together a homebrew contest here in Boise to raise money to help with the overwhelming cost of fighting this cancer. but where do we start in planing. this is why we need help. 
there is the obvious - get the local homebrew shops involved
but whats next I have never do something like putting on an event before, so I'm as green as they come, so please help!

If you would like to check out Steve's story go to www.palsjourney.wordpress.com and you should it is inspiring even to those who do not know him.
And if your in the Boise area Steve's friend are putting on a raffle and auction in his benefit at
Lift a Hand Against Leukemia
The Lift Bar and Grill
4091 West State Street | Boise, Idaho 83703
6:00 PM February 23 2012

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pals-Journey/242345729180209

Back