• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory update indicator

dkadonh

Apprentice
Reaction score
There is an option to remove from inventory but my problem is I never remember if I used it or not.
If there was some kind of box in the recipe page that would be checked or have an indicator that I have already done this.

Day of brewing gets busy and afterwords when I'm updating my recipe file I will sometimes go ahead and remove the inventory and sometimes I forget to.
The next day I am wondering if I did it or not.

Thanks
Don

I'd like to add my support for this feature.  I'd also like to see a reconciliation dialog when you click "Remove From Inventory" which shows what it's about to remove and what you actually have, allowing you to deselect some items if need be, before approving the change.

+1 on this as well.

I think an indicator in the recipe page some place would be fine. The only issue I see here is if you have brewed that recipe in the past and brew it again. The recipe page would sow that it has been removed already.

I think a column in the Brew Log that shows this recipe has been removed. This way if you brew the recipe again you (if you keep things organized) would add it to the brew log again and have another entry in your brew log that would show if you have removed it from inventory or not.

Regardless this software ROCKS!! The more I use it the more find that it does. Thanks for everything so far and look forward to whats to come.

+1
Sounds good to me as well. Perhaps a logfile that shows dates and times of additions and removals.

I think this already happens.

If you remove from inventory, then go to do it again, a popup says "You recently removed this recipe from inventory. Do you want to do it again?"

I tested it on recipes brewed 7 days before. The popup still came up.

Yes, a simple date and time stamp when the inventory was last changed would be great.

and perhaps also a a note denoted "removed by user", or "removed by Pale Ale recipe". or "added by shopping list".

Rep said:
Yes, a simple date and time stamp when the inventory was last changed would be great.

I would like to add to my suggestion, above. 

I have a rather extensive inventory of items.  I would like a simple text line so I can add the date of my last physical inventory.

Ghost inventory would be neat too. Option to show all deleted items over the past year. Example. I could have sworn I bought a pound of cascades... See it in the ghost inventory and also see which recipes used it up.

Back