• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash Profile help

lhd7osc

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have a 10 Gal plastic (Home Depot) cooler that I use for my Mash Tun. I’ve only done the single mash in at 150ish and the mash out at 168ish. Whenever I select it, it always has Fly Sparging step in there. I don’t do that, I’ll Mash In get all the water and put the Mash out water in and mix up the grains...I’m not sure what that’s called? But then I draw THAT water and that’s it.
Is there a particular Mash Profile I should use for that? I’ve been off on my water every time so far...

--New Guy around here--

Sounds like batch sparging to me.  Try that profile and select drain mash run.  Probably can  delete mash out step too.

merfizle said:
Sounds like batch sparging to me.  Try that profile and select drain mash run.  Probably can  delete mash out step too.

Thank-you...I think that was it! It has two amounts of water (using Medium), but I’ll just add the two amounts together.....

It does that based on how full the mash tun % is.  It also uses "equal sparge volume" check box.  You should be able to configure that profile to your needs so it only displays one volume of sparge water.

Mark

Back