• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't get equipment profile right - Keggle BIAB

Prymal

Apprentice
Reaction score
I always end up with about a gallon extra that must be boiled off before my first hop addition I have no idea why. I have been using the profile below along with one of the BIAB mash profiles pre defined in BeerSmith 2. Any help to tighten that up would be great. I have a sight glass on my keggle so that 1 gallon extra is pretty spot on every time.
keggleprofile.jpg

So, you end up with 8.1 gallons in the keggle after you remove (and squeeze) the bag?  I think that means that your grain absorbtion isn't right.  Maybe you are squeezing the bag our really, really well, and you just aren't leaving as much water behind as a standard mash-lauter process does. 

I squeeze the hell out of the bag. Where do I adjust the grain absorption? I must be missing it.

Its in the options on the Advanced Tab.  there is supposed to be a special absorbtion setting just for BIAB that is separate from the traditional mash absorbtion setting.

Back