• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

*.bsmx files

breibrew

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Under normal installation circumstances what folder are the recipes stored. I've downloaded several of these from various threads within the forum however don't know where to put them so they show up my Beersmith.

Hi,
  If you downloaded some external BSMX files (say to your download directory) what I recommend is to simply open them in place using the "Open" command.  Once you have the file open, select the recipes you want to store permanently and copy/paste them into your "My Recipes" folder (or a subfolder of that).  That will keep them for you.

Then you can close the downloaded file and delete it if you wish - since you already have the recipes you want stored.

For backup purposes, all of the BeerSmith files are in the Documents/BeerSmith2 folder, though I don't recommend dumping your downloaded files here. 

Brad

Back