• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Change EBC and Alpha

Aleien

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello.
Ive just started to use beersmith2 and was about to add my hops and grain to inventory.  Then i needed to change the EBC and alpha on it couse it wasnt the same that was in the "original" grain and hop list in the prog. And so i did (changed it in the "list") but when i was suppose to add it to inventory, the wrong (original) EBC and alpha was still there... am i just a noob or is this a problem for others? sorry for the bad english, but hope you get the point:)
(Btw it worked in beersmith1)

ALEien.

The individual items are stored as separate instances in your recipe vs. the inventory.

You can either add a copy of an item that you change to match your actual item and save it in the inventory and then use it in your recipe -OR- you can build your recipe and modify the items in it, but the modified ones will only be stored in the recipe.

Hope that helps

Back