• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help with setup

TimCA

Apprentice
Reaction score
Good morning all,

I have up graded to Beer smith 2 about 4 months ago and for the most part don't use it because I can't figure out what to input.  Please help  ;)

Here is my set up. How do I enter this.
10G SS kettle for strike water
70 q Colman extreme with ball valve and SS braided hose Mash tun
15.5 converted Keg boil kettle.

Process , what do I pick in the per sets?,
Normal I do 12 G batches, (leaving me with 5.5g per carboy)
I heat 30 to 34 q of water in the 10G sparg tank to 174 and then add to the cooler.  As the water flows in I stir in the grist ( 20 to 28 lbs)
I then mix  and close the lid for 60  min.
I fill the strike water kettle with the remaining water (30 - 36q) and at the end of the 60 min mash I drain the cooler to the kettle and refill the mash tun with the now preheated 30 - 36q of water and let sit 10 min.  Then I vorloft with a pump for 10 min and finally run the second mash running into the kettle.
This gives me about 13 to 15 g in the kettle depending on recopy and boil time.

I am having a hard time picking both a equipment set up and mash pre set that fits this.  I know this way of brewing is very common so there must be a way to set up this software for it.

Thanks for the input

Tim

Back