• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hop additions - instructions/notes per addition

graymoment

Brewer
Reaction score
It would be very helpful to have the ability to add notes or instructions for each ingredient addition in a recipe. For example, I have a recipe in which I have a 0 minute hop addition that sits through a 10 minute whirlpool and 10 minute rest, then I have another hop addition that steeps for 10 minutes while I recirculate through the plate chiller to cool. Currently, I have no way of adding these additions into the recipe that makes any sense. I can add two "Aroma" hop additions with 20 minute/10 minute steep times, but the order will be out of whack, and there will be no way to document which addition goes in and when.

I realize there is a "notes" section for the recipe, but it would help to have instructions per addition. I could see the same thing for various grain/yeast additions as well.

Back