• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Upgrade Computer

Steliospal

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello new to beersmith, just bought the code , looks great!  :D
I have a question (obviously) . I 've searched through the forum , but i did not find anything to relate.
Anyway, I have installed the beersmith at work and i plan to install it at home as well. I also plan to upgrade my home pc at some time, what should I do?will there be a problem (considering that it would be at a third pc?). If i uninstall the program from my old pc , will this solve the problem?
I am asking , in order to know if I should activate the code at work or not ( so as to use it only at home) .
Thanks in advance

You should have a folder (usually in My Documents) called BeerSmith that will contain all of your user settings, including your registration code.  Copy this folder to a thumb drive for backup.  Then once you upgrade your computer, install the latest version of BeerSmith.  Copy the backup folder over the new folder that the program created.  This will carry forward all your settings and your registration.  (I just went through this process and it worked great.)

Cheers!

Back