Author Topic: How to make cost or ingredient adjustments on a single receipe/revision?  (Read 3434 times)

Offline Jukas

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Folks,

I have things I'm trying to accomplish in Beersmith2 (2.0.58 Mac 64bit)

1) I can't seem to find a way to adjust cost on a specific ingredient only at the single recipe level.

The most common example is when adding yeast, if I'm using a wash or a slant it still pulls the same cost as if I was using a retail package. If I change it to $0 it updates all inventory across all recipes

2) On a similar vein, I see the recipe supports a version #, but any change you make to the recipe updates in all versions?

I just bought grains at my LHBS for a blonde ale, but when I got there they didn't have Crystal 10L, they only had Crystal 20L. I can't update the recipe for a single brew (version) without it updating the "master recipe"?

Offline PetenNewburg

• “In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is laughter, and in water there is bacteria” Benjamin Franklin
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  I'm pretty sure you can "save as" to make a Identicle copy that you can then change.  If you give that particular yeast a suffix or pre fix like a letter or batch 2 or something you can then give that singular item it's own price.
Several meads ageing.
IPA kegged, 2/9/14
R. Porter in Secondary, 2/9/14
Next up, Vienna Lager, Pale Ale

Offline Beer_Tigger

• Global Moderator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Grrrrrrrrrrrrr baby! Very Grrrrr!!!
1) In your case, make a new ingredient for your "free" yeast.
"Let's see if this here beer will help me to stop procrastinating." - my cousin

Offline Jukas

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
While those are both options, I was hoping for something a bit more elegant.

If you can't make revision based adjustments to a recipe without changing the base recipe, what's the purpose of the version feature?

modification