• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hey everyone. New from Pennsylvania

Hart5105

New Forum Member
Reaction score
New to the forum.  Ive been brewing for about a year and a half.  After 12 or so extract batches I made the jump to all grain about 6 months ago.  Great move.  Better beer yes, but even more important to me is the added "personal touch" you get with all grain.  There is something great about getting up early-ish in the morning and starting the burner up, spending the next few hours forgetting about whatever other stuff I have going on in the world and just thinking about making beer.  Im like a kid on Christmas Eve the night before a brew day and Im constantly thinking about what the next recipe is going to be.  Far from an all grain activist.  I had some great extract beers and wouldnt hesitate to go back to a kit if time was an issue but as long as i can find 6 hours every couple weeks to set aside for myself, its no turning back.

Just wanted to say " Howdy", and good brew to you.

Hello fellow PA Brewer!  I am in South Central PA, just outside of Shippensburg in the big city of Newburg, population 400 +/-.  Where do you brew from?

Back