Author Topic: kegerator temp  (Read 2721 times)

Offline dannoR

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
kegerator temp
« on: April 09, 2012, 06:05:48 AM »
I have a 7 year old frigidare kegerator with 3 faucets.  It doesn't have a temp control and lately the temp has been rising.  It is still working but the temp is now above 50.    Any idea's?   
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:47:43 PM by dannoR »

Offline MikeinRH

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
Re: kegeraton temp
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 12:02:33 PM »
Might be a compressor problem. By the time you get someone to come out to look at it, and repair the problem, the money might be better spent on a new unit. You might even be able to salvage the tower and taps from the current unit.

Offline dannoR

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
Re: kegerator temp
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 06:32:20 PM »
bad news! this is a 5 ft high stainless fig without a freezer, built by frigidare as a kegerater that has cabinets build around to fit.   I will have to call the guy!!!.  moved the kegs to the wine cellar that is 5 deg colder

Offline piper55

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • stonewoods brewery
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 09:07:42 PM »
 Make sure the condenser is clean and air flows through it nicely first

Offline Wingeezer

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • Save the whales - Collect the whole set.
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 05:12:26 PM »
Are you sure it doesn't have some sort of temp control?  Seems to me it would have one someplace - maybe hidden around the back near the compressor?

If so and if you are lucky, may be just a defective controller which would a cheaper problem to resolve than a compressor.  If you culdn't get a new one, you could bypass it and buy an external controller to switch the fridge on/off (as I have on my kegerator) for around $50.

Just a thought - good luck with it anyway.

Brian