• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't paste text into recipe notes

jkeske

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to paste text into the notes section of a recipe.  For example, pasting an original recipe copied from a website or copying a section of notes from 1 recipe to another. I know for certain that this worked in beesmith 1 and I could have sworn it used to work in 2, but for whatever reason it doesn't seem to work currently.  I've tried right clicking and using shortcuts (ctrl+p)

The copying works fine- I can copy from the notes section and paste into notepad, word etc. but the paste into BS just doesn't work

any suggestions?

In many earlier versions of BeerSmith the keyboard shortcuts had some issues, but I believe that I have always been able to copy and paste into the notes areas.  Remember that the keyboard shortcut for copy is ctrl+c and the shortcut for paste is ctrl+v.  The shortcut you referenced using (ctrl+p) is the shortcut for print.  Make sure you are running the latest version and give it a try again.

sorry I mis-typed when I said ctrl+p.  I am using ctrl+c and ctrl+v for cut and paste.  I have also tried right clicking and using the commands there. In each case the  copy function works as expected (verified by copying from beer smith into other programs) but I still can't paste into beersmith.

I am running v 2.0.65 on windows 7
Also I have opened my old copy of beersmith version 1 and verified that I can paste there.  Not sure what is going on

I've attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• 22-04-2012 3-28-43 PM.png
    22-04-2012 3-28-43 PM.png
    197.7 KB · Views: 430
Hmmmmm, that is really weird.  I had never tried to copy and paste from one note box to the other....so I just tested.  I just did a simple "test test" and was able to copy/paste using both the keyboard shortcuts and using the right click menu.  I also tested and can paste from external programs into each box.  I am running Win7 32bit and BeerSmith 2.0.65.  Are you running a 64bit OS?  Also have you tried just uninstalling and reinstalling?  Make sure you make a copy of your BeerSmith2 folder if you try this.  Maybe something got fouled up in one of the updates.  Just a couple thoughts.

thanks for the advice but its still not working.  I am running windows 7 64 bit.  I tried removing and reinstalled beersmith but it didn't make any difference

And just another note.  I can copy and paste other items within beersmith (e.g., recipes, ingredients, etc.) Its just the text boxes that don't work

Back