• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What is the latest wait time for the Barley Crusher?

jetmac

Apprentice
Reaction score
My wifey ordered one 2 1/2 weeks ago for my April 30 birthday. She can't get an answer as to when it will be shipped. She's sad.

Should she get her money back and get something else from the local home brew store?

Who did she order it from? If they can't tell you when it will ship. I'd cancel the order, and notify my credit card not to process the charges. Then re-order from some other outfit. I had good luck with Brewgadgets.com . Don't know if they have what your looking for. I think they state that orders ship within 2 days. On the second day from placing my order, I got a call from the woman that was actually packing it up right then! She informed me that a piece of my order wasn't available for shipment until they received their order in approximately 3 days. She wanted to know if I wanted to hold my order 'till it could be sent all together or if I wanted the bulk of my order shipped now with the missing item sent later when they received it. I had them split the shipment. I received the bulk 2 days later and 3 days after that the missing item. No extra shipping charge on the late item either! Plus, when I was talking to the lady, she said they were, "out of the hop pellets I wanted and would I rather cancel that part of my order or use a substitute?" She even looked up the appropriate substitutes and verified prices and availability. Damn fine customer service! I plan to use them whenever they have what I need!

Thanks for the reply. She ordered it from Beersmith which is why I posted the question here. She ordered it 3 weeks ago and she can't get them to give her an expected ship date. I have been reading that Beersmith gets them from The Barley Crusher company and sells them to us at a discount. But they are subject to the delays from Barley Crusher. I have also read of many people not having good luck with the BeerSmith customer service concerning the Barley crusher. I really want the Barley Crusher but my LHBS has another brand that is good. It's a bit more money but at least they have them in stock. I have informed my wife she should cancel the Barley Crusher order and get the one from the LHBS. She said she will wait untill Monday for an answer then she will turn it over to me to get it straightened out or order from a different company.

I ordered my barley crusher through beersmith about 3 weeks before x-mas. I got it in 2 weeks.

Back