• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

San Diego sends its regards

California Cruiser

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello.  I'm new and I'm hooked on this hobby.  Started brewing on Jan 27, 2012 and just bottled my 7th batch last night.  I stare at my carboys ALL THE TIME.  It freaks my wife out.  I stare at the boxes and boxes of bombers in my closet.  It freaks me out.  Please tell me this is normal behavior....  ;D

It only gets worse.Staring at household items and wondering how they can be modified for use in the brewery,vines of hops growing all over the yard. I dont know if its normal but we are all doing the same thing...I think

I would hate to be thought of as normal ... Addicted, obsessed, mildly inebriated perhaps.

It gets so much worse when you start reading every book or forum and realize how many brews you still have not tried and what you could just do if you had that one piece of equipment .....

Loops, here comes the miss us.  Gotta go...

Roger

It's really bad when you start planning vacations around Brewery Tours and Brew Pubs instead of the usual Historic or Scenic Places. 

ArtCox said:
It's really bad when you start planning vacations around Brewery Tours and Brew Pubs instead of the usual Historic or Scenic Places.

It's OK as long as you add a Winery Tour to satisfy the spouse.  I even justified the 8 gallon brew pot by mentioning the ability to can 16 quart jars in one shot!  The steel storage racks for grain, pots, and various gadgets was needed so she could once again use her side of the garage.  I even think I can get away with a fermenting room , oops ..wine cellar in the basement.  I kegged some wine ..ie  keggerator.  Now about that 30 gallon pot I have my eyes set on!

Back