• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Import recipes/batches from BeerAlchemy

andreiz

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I've been using BeerAlchemy for the last 3 years and have about 80 recipes/batches in it. Recently I've started to switch to BeerSmith 2, but it's a real pain having to transfer the recipes by hand. It would be super helpful if there were an Import from BeerAlchemy file option.

Hi,
  I think you can export from that program to BeerXML format (an open standard format) and then import them in using BeerXML format (use the Open command in BeerSmith and go to the bottom to select the file type as BeerXML.  Once you have it open, use copy/paste to put it into your My Recipes folder).

Cheers,
Brad

I tried that and it worked (mostly). The grain bill looks okay, but the costs are weird (see screenshot). Then in the mash section it says, "Add 0.0 gal of water at 152.0F". Water volumes are a bit screwed up too.

Screen%20Shot%202012-05-14%20at%208.38.40%20PM.png

Back