• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Couple of Quick Questions ...

Chibbi

New Forum Member
Reaction score
So i brewed a couple of beers ... just to get my feet wet, a Blonde, simple and light and a Robust Porter, wich also came out a bit on the simple side , ok my questions are ..

1. Why do i have so much beer sediment in my bottles ?? >_> .. been reading up and looking up info anywhere i can find but still, not sure if something during my process or calculations went wrong ...

2. Ya my beer smells like yeast more than anything else ...

anyways im new to the home brewing thing...

well any help or tip would be welcomed and thank you in advance..

atte. Your friendly south of the border cook and noob home brewer :)

sorry if my spelling is crap, English is my second language >_>

Not having the particulars on your brews .... my guess is that you bottled too early. Did the FG hit it's mark? Even close?

Allowing time (even cold crashing you beers) will greatly reduce the symptoms you are experiencing, and also allow the beers to "finish" .... especially in the case of the "bigger" beers.

My 2 cents

Hey Chibbi,
  Just saw you on the Introduction thread. I'm too new to give you any advice, except to say that the guys in this forum are very helpful and knowledgeable. They are probably going to need more info on your fermentation equipment and time; the bottling equipment and how you used that also. That is just a guess though. LOL! I'm sure they will be giving you some good info soon.
  Don't worry about your spelling. English is my first language and my spelling is crap too! LOL! English is a hard language to spell because so many languages went into making it. Good brew to you.

Back