• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Columns into print out.

B

brewmaster808

First let me say the more I use and get familar with Beersmith the better I like it, there no way going back to mash pro. The question I have is there a I can have the custom columns I selected also be print in the recipe. I would like to add like, into boiler SG and boiler volume so I don't have to run back to the computer to see. Be nice to look at recipe print out, tell that I missed the mark and be able fix it right then.

You can customize the reports using templates.  See the following link:

http://www.beersmith.com/custom_reports.htm

Note that you can create a copy of the default recipe template and modify it to suit your needs (Don't modify the original, but you can modify and add a copy).

I believe Boil size is $DISPLAY_BOIL_SIZE and the BOIL OG is $MEASURED_BOIL_OG.  I'm not sure I have a tag for the estimated boil OG, but I just added it to the "to do" list.

Cheers!
Brad

Thanks like Beersmith better each day. One last question: What the difference in Brewhouse efficiency and efficicency as calculated from actual volume?

Brewhouse efficiency is the number that you provide as an input to the program that represents your overall system brewhouse efficiency.  It is used to estimate the OG for your recipe.

Actual calculated from volume uses your measured OG along with the measured volume to determine what your overall batch efficiency was for a given brew session.

Ideally if you hit both your target volume and target estimated OG exactly, the two numbers would be the same.

Cheers,

Brad

Brad thanks once again. That is exactly what I wanted. Allows me to verify each step of brewing. Thanks again and wonderful brewing program!!!!!!

How do I get the above columns to print out in the Preview BrewSheet? I am unable to find that template.

Sorry,
 The brewsheet itself is not yet a templated report.  I am hoping to add a template based brewsheet to the next version, but have not yet completed it.

Cheers!
Brad

Back