• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

just another beersmith 2 question

the lizard king

Apprentice
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys first off
my questions are
1) is there a way I get the additions to be listed in order, for example grains, water adjusters, hops yeast.... etc? every time I add them in the correct order needed it gets mixed all up in the program.
2) is it possible to lock a recipe as you could do in beersmith 1?

1.  Sadly, no.
2.  Not that I'm aware of.

Sorry, no good news.

1. If i understand your question, on the recipe screen, click one of the headers in the ingredient list. This will sort the ingredients any way you wish.

Ed

True.  The only thing you can't do is sort on is time-order of additions, or sequence order.

Click the "Brew Steps" icon at the right end of the shortcut bar, just below the menu bar, near the top. It's a picture of a magnifying glass over a sheet of paper. The "Boil Wort" section of the view that pops up lists all your boiling steps in order.

Dan

The Brew Process TXT report shows the various stages in sequence with ingredients in order within each stage. 

Hmmmm. My recipe page shows ingredients in order of addition. It's been so long since I set it up, I don't remember if I had to do something. Each ingredient shows a step number, and it shows ingredients in that order. If I change the time on a hop addition, for example, it moves that hop up and down the list.
Also, my recipe screen has a 'save item' button, allowing me to save items to the profile without having to go into the profile page to do so. Very handy when importing recipes.

Ed

Back