• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud Organization

apoxbrew

Apprentice
Reaction score
I don't see an option to organize recipes on the cloud. So, for example, I have different types of recipes seperated into different folders on my local install. However, I see no option to create a folder on the cloud. Am I missing something?

Even if this option was part of the paid services... it would be great to have so that we could keep our recipe organization the same on both our local install and the cloud service.

I do not currently have folders implemented for the cloud.  You can easily search your cloud folder, but it is one flat folder.

Brad

Brian,

I too prefer to separate my recipes by style in folders locally, and recently filled up my 10 "free" recipe slots on the cloud. I was looking to upgrade to get more recipes, but if there is no way to organize them, I'm not really sure I want more than 10 recipes...

I used to use Dropbox to share my recipes between computers...which had it's drawbacks, but when it worked, it worked quite well. Is there any way you could simplify the database into a single file? All of the files that BeerSmith saves are very complicated to maintain outside of BeerSmith. There have been times that I made a mistake in a recipe and needed to revert to a previous version...which Dropbox makes pretty easy on a per-file basis...but with so many files, it's very difficult.

I used to use ProMash, which if I recall correctly, saved each recipe as it's own file, which worked very well. I think that would be my ideal choice, if it's an option...?

Back