• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mobile App Cloud Suggestion/Request

wambesi

Apprentice
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is already in planning stages but will the Beersmith App run in a similar way to the desktop version does in relation to storage of recipes both locally and in the cloud?

Reason I ask is if the cloud service is utilised to share the recipes between devices is that all we will be limited to on the handheld app? Or like the desktop version we can copy it to the cloud, then copy it into a local folder?

I’m sure others will be in the same boat but I like to have all my BS recipes (79 so far) on my phone app (Brewers Assistant) so when asked a question about a particular beer at a meeting I can pull the whole thing up.

With a basic cloud service of 10 recipes and even the next ones up this will cut what people could potentially carry with them, or as I asked above will we be able to move them across to a local folder to allow unlimited recipes stored locally on the app?

Am I clear as mud?  :eek:

I'm planning something similar to the current desktop as far as storage, so you could store both local recipes and also access your cloud recipes from a mobile app. That is all tentative, as I'm not sure how Apple might view the cloud storage when approving the app, but that would be my preference.

Brad

Brad,

Are you planning an Android version too?  Will you have full recipe access, like to enter in brew day data etc.?

Yes,
  I'm working on Android as well!

Brad

Back