• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Home made wort chiller.

Brewmaster5150

Apprentice
Reaction score
I never wanted to buy a wort chiller because it looked too easy to make by myself.  Well, I made the most kick ass wort chiller ever today and it cost me 17 dollars and change.  My Dad had a knee operation two years ago and we still have the cooler/ice water pump device that he got after his surgery.  We cut the lines off the wrap that went around the knee and attached to 20 feet of pre-coiled copper tubing using about a foot of plastic tubing between each direction of flow to the cooler pump and we've come up with the most efficient wort cooler I've ever seen.  It's so damn cold you gotta be careful your skin doesn't stick to the copper!  Needless to say we got a kick out of this and I've attached a picture if you wanna check it out.  Of course it would have cost a boat load of money had we not had the insurance paid medical device but I wanted to share this with those of you out there that would rather make their own stuff than buy it.  Where there's a will there's a way...  This shit is so much fun.  Cheers -BM5150

Attachments

• Wort Cooler.jpg
    Wort Cooler.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 33
Very nice!!

I too love this.  It is what makes hombrewers and the hobby so cool.  I think that we get so many good ideas off each other.  It just keeps getting better and better.

Back