• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Customizable Brewing notes page

cdeme123

Apprentice
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I make awesome beer and this is due in no small way to Beersmith.  The software has become an invaluable tool that use to its fullest capability.

I love the fact that I can add up 13 fields on the recipe design tab.  I see there are a lot more than 13 fields available though; many I would love to add.  It would be great if you could add any and all measurement fields to the timer tab or let us have a tab that we can customize to include as many of these fields as possible.  I would love to be able to type in a pre-boil volume and be able to compare that with the expected pre-boil volume right there.  I would love to do that with anything I can measure on brew day or during fermentation, etc.  This would let me know right away that something is going amiss.

Once the beer is completed and bottled or kegged, I would love to be able to have those notes available in either the recipe notes tab or printable or both so I can compare what did happen against what should have happened.  I believe this would be very helpful in brewing more consistent beer every time.  It would also be helpful in identifying problems with the brew.

Keep up the great work and I also love the forums, newsletters and podcasts.

Great idea, Having a usable & configurable set of Brewday Notes built right into the Timer tab would be great! Especially if you could configure it to remind you to take the and enter the measurements on the same page.

I also love your idea to have it show you Expected & Measured fields, this would be great to have especially with a Caculated Difference (absolute units And/Or error %).

Back