• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Equipment changes must be made in two places ???

Toy4Rick

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I noticed today that when I change my equipment profile from within the "Profiles > Equipment" section it doesn't take in the equipment profile in the recipe, I must open it and make the same edits.  This doesn't seem right to me.

Am I missing something?

Toy4Rick

The only thing I can think of is the main equipment profile will be brought into new recipes so if you edit there, you are GTG.  If you have active recipes, you must edit each one to account for dialing in your equipment.  If you have a bunch of active recipes, you have some work cut out for you.

You are correct.  I wouldn't want old recipes to be automatically updated.

Hi,
  It won't automatically update your old recipes because some people do change things over time but don't necessarily want to change their "as brewed" recipes.

You can easily update a recipe by opening it and selecting your current equipment profile.

Brad

Back