• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew Sessions

D

datamike

Hi,
I did a search, but couldn't find anything relevant, so I apologize if this is an old topic.
I love the print brewsheet function in beersmith. And functionally, it seems to provide most of the features I care about.
However, one thing that beersmith is lacking, for me at least, is the ability to seperately record brew session info like promash does.
I like the ability to record specific info about each individual batch i brew, not just the recipe.
Is there a work around? Or perhaps a future version will include this feature....
Thanks!

this is what I do to handle the problem that you are having.
i keep my recipes in a master folder. when i brew i use the copy to brew log function and have the brew date as part of the name. that way i can keep track of slight veriations in brewing technique/mistakes.

i also create a folder with the year and put every recipe in thier that i brewed in that year.

have a good one

Hi,
 I recommend using the Brew log feature.  Pick a recipe you have brewed, then press the "Copy to brew log" command and a copy of the recipe will be saved to your "Brew log" folder so you can access it later.

As long as you consistently record the date brewed, OG, notes and other data before saving it to the brew log you will have a very good record of your "as brewed" recipes.

Cheers!
Brad

Back