• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory

W

wbc_leelee

Hi Brad
Is it possible to view your inventory showing items in stock only instead of it listing all items even those you don't have.
Regards
Andrew

Andrew,
 Currently you can filter "In Stock" items on the various "Choose" views when building a recipe.  Select the "Only Show items in Stock" checkbox when adding new grains, hops, etc...to a recipe.

Other than that I do not have a way to filter only in-stock items easily from the main views.

I have been thinking of having a way to "Hide" seldom used items so they could be hidden from view most of the time but still there for future use/update if necessary.  So far I have not implemented this feature.

What do you have in mind?

Cheers!
Brad

Hi Brad
Thanks for the quick reply, just thinking that sometimes I decide to brew from what I have available in stock and thought it would be good to just click a box on an inventory screen to only display items available. It could be a screen with of items in stock, a bit like the shopping list but instead of showing what you need it shows what you have.
Regards
(gee I don't want much ) Andrew

Andrew,
 I can see where that would be very handy - I will certainly look into it!

Brad

Unless I'm misunderstanding Andrew's question (which is possible and likely  ;D), couldn't you just sort the ingredients you have by weight? By clicking the "Amount" (I don't have the program in front of me now) category header, wouldn't that put at the bottom or the top of the list the ingredients you have in stock? Granted, it's kind of a backwards way to do it, but I did this just the other night to figure out what I wanted to brew and it worked fine.

My $0.02.

Yes, that works as well, but I think he was looking for a consolidated inventory report so he could see everything in inventory in one shot.

Thoughts Andrew...?

Brad

Yes Brad you have hit the nail on the head, A screen listing ALL ingredients in stockand not ingredients with a zero amount.
Regards
Andrew

Back