• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Homebrew Shop in Indy to begin using BeerSmith Exclusively

lindenboy

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody!  Greetings!  I'm Jason, and I'm a new BeerSmith user and the co-founder of Tuxedo Park Brewers Supply (http://www.tuxedoparkbrewers.com) in Indianapolis, IN. 

Our home brewing supply shop opened in February of 2011 and is a partnership between myself, Brent Chapman and Adam Burk (my brother though we don't necessarily look it off the cuff).  We have all been brewing together since about 2005, and started TPB Supply to offer more customized home brew service to the local brew community in Indianapolis...which by my estimation is taking off like a rocket!

In the past few months, we've decided that it's time to move from our old standard, ProMash, to BeerSmith.  It's a big decision, but there are a lot of shop members who use BS, and to be quite honest, so far we really like it.  It's taken several months to finally jump in, but come September, we intend to be fully immersed in BS for all of our internal as well as external recipe needs.

Our plan is to make our product database available on-line, so that folks who buy from us can import the ingredients database and have all of our specific product information to utilize for their recipe formulation.  It's a big task, but it sound to me like it's a very useful integration.  We also intend to utilize BS to output custom reports for our standard stock recipes, also intended to be available online.

We're excited, albeit a bit overwhelmed, with the transition, but thanks to a great group of users and the support network for BS, we feel like this is the right move.

Take care everyone, and happy brewing!

Back