• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

MiniBrew equipment profile

[email protected]

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of switching from the 10gallon Igloo mash/lauter tun to the MiniBrew 15gallon mash/lauter tun. Does anyone have any experience/knowledge of this product? Specifically, I will need an equipment profile setup for it and could use some advise.

Thanks everyone!

I imagine it will just involve changing a few of your equipment parameters, namely Mash Tun Volume, Mash Tun Weight, and Dead Space Volume. Not sure about Mash Tun Specific Heat but i think it would be higher than a cooler but lower than a stainless steel pot (Mini Brew is like a plastic bucket?)

I've been using the Mini Brew 15 gal mash tun for about 50-5 gallon batches as an upgrade from a 10 gal Gott. Advantages are the ability to mash larger volumes, in a vessel designed for mash temperatures, that is RIMs ready. Problems encountered were the plastic false bottom warped and cracked, and heat loss/drop. These issues were corrected through use of a Blichmann 10 gal metal false bottom (had to drill a center hole and plug the drain hole with a rubber stopper) and reptile wrap (fermwrap electrical heating film). Now everything works to my satisfaction, and I'll eventually use my pump and go Rims.

Back