• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help with Equipment Profile

HEB1022

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to work with BeerSmith 2.0 and All Grain.  My equipment is a 70 Qt/17 Gallon Igloo Cooler (Mash Tun) and a 20 Gallon Blichmann Boilmaker (Brew Kettle) using Batch Sparging.  Does anyone have an Equipment Profile, or can suggest how I modify the 10Gallon Pot and Cooler Profile to reflect this larger Kettle?  I plan to stick with 10 Gallon batches in the 20 Gallon Kettle, for now.

Thanks in Advance,

Harry

Just copy the "Pot and Cooler (10 Gal/37.8 L) - All Grain" and change Mash Tun Volume to 17.5G (you can type 70 qt into the field and it converts the number to gallons for you). Be sure to enter the weight of the cooler and the deadspace.

Leave batch volume at 10 gallons but maybe you'll need to change the Boil Off amount and Loss to Trub and Chiller.

Oh and set your Brewhouse Efficiency here too.

For mashing I copied the Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge, check Drain Mash Tun before sparging, double clicjk the Mash In line and set your water/grist ratio.

That should do it.

Back