• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

software purchase separate for PC and future iPad

D

dmwcpa

I would like to use BeerSmith on an iPad when that application is available. If I order the software now for my PC and install and start using it will I have to purchase another version of the software to install it on the iPad.

It is my understanding that I can have the software on two computers. I am unsure if I need to purchase both the PC version and the iPad version.

Thanks.

Hi,
  The mobile versions will be a separate purchase, though I'm planning to offer it at a lower price since it won't have the full functionality of the desktop versions.  I'm working on a "lite" version now which will allow you to download your recipes from the BeerSmithRecipes.com server, run a brewday timer as well as access brewing reference material and tools (though not create recipes from scratch).

That is to be followed a few months later by the "full" version which will allow recipe creation and editing.

I'm targeting Android and iPhone first, with a tablet specific version (larger layouts) to follow.  Both will interact with BeerSmithRecipes.com and your cloud folder so you can easily move recipes across platforms.

Brad

As soon as you come out with a ipad version for the "mobile part" of beersmith you will have my money.. :)

Back