• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith on Mountain Lion

santamarina

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Apple released OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion yesterday.  Does BeerSmith 2.1 work properly on the new OS?  I'd like to upgrade my Mac, but do not want to loose any functionality of BeerSmith!

Thanks

I upgraded to Mountain Lion yesterday and it looks like BeerSmith 2 is crashing every time I run it. I can look at most of my recipes, but, so far, trying to add a recipe or looking at a particular recipe crashes the program. You may want to consider holding off upgrading until this is addressed.

Ok, I may have jumped the gun on this.  :eek:

I just re-installed BeerSmith 2, using the 64-bit version (I don't remember which one I used before and not sure if it matters). Now everything seems to be working so far. I'll play with this a bit this weekend and, if anything changes, I'll let you know.

So I'd say try it out and, if BeerSmith doesn't work, try re-installing it.

I just got a new MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion and installed a fresh copy of Beersmith 2.1.02. Works great! I l love Mountain Lion almost as much as I love Beersmith.

Back