• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

software computer question

RandalG

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have v1.4. My computer crashed but I was able to save the hardrive externally. I plugged it into my new pc and I can look at the files but I can't change them at all or add new recipes.I can make changes but they don't save. I tried moving it to my new hardrive but it wouldn't let me access BS.Is my only option to download v2 to my new computer and if so will I be able to import the files into the new version from my external drive so I have all my recipes in one place.

Hi,
  Try simply opening the BSM file from your old computer and then copy/paste them into My Recipes - this should allow you to store and change them.

BeerSmith 2 can also read them in (it reads BSM files) but the process is the same - open the file up and then copy/paste the recipes you want into the My Recipes folder.

Brad

Back