• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Whidbey Island, Washington

Humble Brewer

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been poking around these forums for a couple of weeks now and its time to say hi.  As the title says I live out on beautiful Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound and I home brew.  I work two full time jobs, so I don't get as much time to brew as I would like but such is life.  My first job is a regular 9 -5 working on a Navy base, my second job is pastoring a church here on the island.  Together they pay the bills and keep me busy.  So does my wife of 15 years and our 3 kids.

I did live overseas in Germany for five years and have to admit I truly fell in love with beer over there.  I even drove to Pils in the Czech Republic and bought and drank some of the original Pils beer still brewed in the original fashion.  That taught me that beer brewing has come a long way because it was horrible!  But, I did drink a piece of history.  :)

My preferred beer styles seems to always be on the move, I go through seasons, but so far those seasons have not included super hoppy beers.  I stay away from IPA's.  I am also prone to brewing session type beers.  I love the taste of a good beer and the high ABV beers limit my input.

Lastly I would add I just switched to all-grain and started using Beersmith this summer.  I am hoping to continue my search for the perfect beer.

Back