• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Just another hop-head from PDX

groucho57

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello, and happy brewing from a old guy who's a new brewer here in sunny Portland, OR.  Actually, Hillsboro, but close.  And it has been (mostly) sunny here for the past few weeks :D

Long time drinker, but only brewed my first batch last month, and am hooked but good.  My IIPA didn't turn out as hoppy as I'd hoped, but has good flavor, and it's my beer! so it's great ;).  I've got a batch of blueberry honey ale in the fermenter, put in Saturday night, and am planning on getting a second fermenter and putting up another IPA this weekend. 

Happy brewing, folks!

Hi groucho .. i'm in Bethany, so just a short hop skip and jump away.  What brew store do you frequent ?  I am mainly going to MainBrew. 

I'd sure be interested in getting some info on that blueberry honey ale.  Have you brewed it before ?  Already done ?  How was it ?

I'm only on brew #10 so far myself.

Hi Nwengr1, I've been going to Brew Brothers, and that's where I got the bberry honey.  It's still in the fermenter, but should be ready to bottle next weekend, so I'll let you know.  The recipe is one of the stock recipes that Brew Brothers have in the shop.  I know a couple of other guys who go to MainBrew, but I started out with BB, and they've been really helpful, so I've got no reason to change :D.

I just did my 3rd brew last night - a clone of Dogfish Head 60-minute, so I'm still a real newby, but having tons of fun.

Back