• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Still bubbling after 14 days

Babsy

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am brewing an American amber with extract and a partial mash.  I used two types of yeast, a 1056 and SAF05, I am fermenting in the fridge at 66 degrees and it is still bubbling after 14 days.  Not sure if I should move to the keg as most recipes say to ferment 14 days or cold crash or just wait.  This is my first time using temperature controlled fermentation and first time kegging.  OG was 1.054...any advice?

take a hydrometer reading.  i typically shoot for 1011-1009 and have had good results.  also it depends on what you expect in the final product.

No harm in waiting.  When a couple hydro readings are the same, you know the primary ferm is done, but the yeast is still cleaning up and polishing off other stuff, so no rush. 

The beer could still be releasing CO2. Did you dry hop? This has always increased airlock activity for me. Also the addition of spices or coffee can cause gases to be released. As the others have said, a hydrometer is your best friend to see if it is done or not.

Back