• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

I do not seem to have a button to add new yeast that is not in the data base.

ivectoryou

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi.  I have added ingredients in the past that were not in the current Beersmith data base.  I am now trying to add Wyeast 3726 and after quite a bit of searching, it appears I do not have a button that initiates the process for entering the Yeast and its associated parameters.

I have read how it supposed to happen in the help section, but when I go to perform this, there is no button to click on to begin the process of adding the information etc.

If anyone can help me solve this issue, I would appreciate it.

Thank you!

Version 2.0 ?

Ingredients
Yeast
Add Yeast
.......tabs and buttons are not there?

That is correct.  I have the latest version.  I click on the Ingredients tab, then yeast, but there is no button that says "Add Yeast."  I've done it in the past and now the option to add new yeast is nowhere to be found.

I wonder if I started from scratch by removing Beersmith from my computer and downloading it again?  I guess that would require me backing up all my recipes first.

If anyone has a better suggestion, I would love to hear it.

Thank you.

If you go to Ingredients->Yeast there is an Add Yeast button on the large Home ribbon.  Its between the Delete and Set Price icons.  Its hardcoded in the program so I don't see how it could be missing.

Brad

Back