• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Winter Warmer Ale Recipe

motox215

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello Friends (this is my first post)

I just started using BeerSmith 2 and I will be using it for my first 3 recipes this weekend. I have some questions about recipes as I'm fairly new into all grain and Im very new to BeerSmith

Im from Cleveland Ohio and my friend gave me the recipe from the Brew Kettle in Strongsville Ohio for the Winter Warmer ale and I notice that some of the ingredients aren't in BeerSmith ADD GRAIN tab or other tabs. Here are the ones im missing

2-row Barley
British Pale Malt
Cara-Munich Malt
Light Malt Extract (Liquid)
Kettle Finings (dry)

Are there different name for the ones above that are similar? Any help is greatly appreciated... And if anybody is interested in the recipe, let me know and I can send a copy of the recipe. 

I think you may be looking for it in the wrong fashion.  On the Design page when you press the "Add Grain" button a searchable window will open.  In the top search bar of the window just type the number "2" and wait a moment.  Several 2 Row barleys will appear.  In the same fashion you can type the word "Pale" and several pale malts will appear (including one from the United Kingdom).  You can do the same with all of them.  I am fairly certain they are all there.

Thanks for the feedback Humble Brewer, so just to understand the 2 row Pale malts are the same as 2 row barley?

Yes.  A maltster may turn it into a pale malt, a dark malt, a caramalt, or several other varieties of malt, but it comes from 2 row barley if its a 2 row malt.

Back