• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

beersmith forum

happy hillbilly

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Ole Happy here. Ya know I dont git alotta time to write on here but I do read allot. We all are makin brew and when we git on here and talk it makes it like we brew together. I been makin a boatload of my pale ale lately(30 gal.) and a littlebit of my black ipa(8gal) and that gave me time to do a little thinkin. This here forum is really a good thing. I read how ya'll screw up and add that to how I screw up and all of a sudden I started makin really good beer. Also the guy(Brad) chimes in and gits people that brews pro to give us real advise just so we kin git better at brewin! How good can it git? Jest so you know I share beers with all my friends so I dont drink all that beer myself. If I drank that much I wouldnt git too brew as much. Anyhow This is a great hobby and I would like to tell yall one thing that I notice bout yall. No harm intended but we are a bunch of worryworts. If you think about it when the pilgrims landed here it was likely to brew beer. they didnt have starsan or litmus or bleach or whatever! They kept on brewin beer though so it must have pleased them even though they must have got a bug sometimes.

i guess what im sayin is RDWHAHB Enjoy what ya brew and brew what ya enjoy. THANKS everyone  and HAPPY brewin

Good message!

I am fairly new to this, having made about 6 five gallon batches of all grain,  and recently discovered that i had been fermenting my beers too warm - sometimes in the mid to high seventies.

I have corrected the problem for the future,  but figured i had several 5 gallon batches that would have to go down the
drain - but they turned out  very drinkable!  Enjoying a couple of pints of ESB as I type!  If my future  beers are even better, then I couldn't ask for more!

Brian.  (Wingeezer)

Back