• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Old dog, new tricks

jwwbrennan

Apprentice
Reaction score
After gathering enough information, equipment and ingredients to get started I made a dry stout from grain yesterday. Things went well, lessons were learned. I look forward to reading, learning and in the future maybe even having sufficient experience to contribute to the site. 

Hi Jim,
You are lucky that in Canada that you have a good window in winter to lay down some great lagers. Where I live in Australia you really can't do lagers without refrigeration. Then again, with winter temperatures averaging 23 or 24 degrees Celsius during the day I can always buy an old refrigerator, I suppose. Plus,  there is not much wrong with brewing Pale Ales or Kolsch either. I look forward to learning also.

Good to hear from you. Maybe we could, in time, collaborate on an international brew capable of being consumed over great distances.

Back