• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

First brew with #2

Barleylips

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I brewed my first batch using BeerSmith 2 today. Yeah, I was kind of a holdout from 1.4. Been using BeerSmith for about 8 years now. I really like v2. Does take some getting used to since certain features are in different spots, but nothing terribly hard to navigate.

Really liked the timer feature. Cloud is nice, too.

One drawback to v2 is keeping files straight. With v1, I installed it in a shared directory on my main machine, then used my Netbook to launch the program using the executable in the shared folder without having to do a second install. Worked slick. My main rig was the mother ship, but I could use the Netbook remotely downstairs or in the garage where the brewing action happens.  I tried this with v2, but it ended up installing again on the Netbook. I assume the cloud folder is the alternative, and I found that easy enough to use. I just have to make sure I'm working my main "active" recipes in the cloud and then copy them to the brew log when they are all done. Ten recipes is plenty for an active directory - at least for me anyway.  :)

Back