• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

how to save a new session.

M

mathieu

Just a few questions from someone using the trial.

How do I deduct items from inventory for a brew session?

Is there a way to determine which recipes are compatible with current inventory? I would like a way to check the inventory for the items I need for a particular recipe before clicking remove from inventory.

Also, is it possible to add items to inventory without first adding them to the shopping list?

Hi,
 You can deduct the items by opening the recipe in question and then clicking the "Remove from Inventory" button on the toolbar.  Note that ONLY items that have an exact match in the inventory will be accounted for.

There is also a great way to check recipes against inventory.  Go to "My recipes" view  and click on the Find button (binoculars on the toolbar or the Find command on the Edit menu).  Next click on "Add all items in inventory" and then click the "Match Recipes that use ONLY these ingredients".  If you don't get any matches, you can relax the search by allowing one or more unmatched ingredients.

You can adjust the inventory without adding to the shopping list by opening any individual item (for example hops view - then open the individual hops) and adjusting the inventory field there.  You can do the same thing from inventory view.  

Finally if you want to take the long route, you can even take a recipe, press the "add to list" button to add all ingredients in the recipe to the shopping list and then go to the shopping list and add them to the inventory.

Cheers!
Brad

Back