• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

From the Land of Sky-blue Waters

Joester

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello from Minnesota!  The title of this post comes from the famous jingle for Hamm's beer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc7HoWEk6y8), which was originally brewed in the land of 10,000 lakes.  Anyways, I just brewed up my first ever batch of beer, an Irish Red from Midwest Supplies.  It seemed like there were a lot of holes in the directions, so I picked up John Palmer's How to Brew and read everything but the all-grain section.  I have to say, between Palmer's book and the trial version of Beersmith, my head is spinning a bit.  I hope to learn a lot from the folks who are here so I can make some great beer!

Welcome to the forum! You couldn't have picked a better first book - mine was also Palmer's and I've read it time and time again learning something new every time!

Happy brewing!

Hi Joester,

Welcome! I totally agree with Philm63. I've read John Palmers book time and time again.
And Joester, the combination "How to brew", BeerSmith Software and the BeerSmith forum is an excellent one to learn a lott.
Regards,
Slurk

I never knew you guys were responsible for hams!

It was brewed for years at the Olympia brewery and I thought that Oly, Hams, Buckhorn and all things nasty in a can came from there.
I'm not sure if Buckhorn was outside the Northwest.  It was nasty.  Like they re ran the grains after they made Oly, used sewer water and cut it with Billy beer.

Back