• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Customizeable brew steps?

aiptasia

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I would love to see an option to add additional custom brew steps. Right now, the only way I can keep track of adding adjuncts such as fermcap and irish moss is to write out when to add those additions in the notes section. I'd love to have the ability to add a custom brew step, with the little check box on the left side, to make those extra steps flow a little better on my recipe printouts.

Oh, and kudos on the new timer! Had i'd known it was in there, i'd have used it last Sunday. I'll use it on my next brew day though. :)

Why isn't the Irish moss just one of your ingredients in the recipe?  10 min boil.  That's what I do.

You can custom-make your own ingredients and call them what you want (sugar, grain, etc.) This will enable you to assume specific parameters for grain if you want your ingredient to respond like a grain in the recipe, or like sugar, and so on.

Example: I just created an ingredient profile and saved it as a sugar and called it "Pumpkin". Now when I am creating a pumpkin ale recipe, I can simply add the pumpkin as an ingredient and because I configured the profile as such; it contains the SRM and gravity typical to pumpkin so the recipe recognizes its effects on color and bitterness ratios.

You can do this for anything you add to your brews and save them as anything you wish. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Phil

Back