• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello From Cheyenne, WY

lammgrel

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I just started brewing this summer, and I love it!  I am a chemical engineer and chemist, so I can't help taking this process to the next level.  My first batch (brew day 7-7-12) was a Caribou Slobber Brown extract kit, which turned out more bitter than I like because I switched from a partial to full boil without knowing of the mechanics of bittering.  My second batch was a lager(brew day 7-21-12) from a Kolsch kit that I modified the recipe a little bit and used a lager yeast and fermented lager style. batch 3 (brew day 8-4-12) is a strong Scotch Maple Ale, which I modified from a kit, and was my first all grain.  I have the yeast starter going for the first recipe I wrote myself, Greg's Dopple Weihnachtsbockbier, which I will brew this weekend!

BeerSmith2 has really helped me to rapidly gain more understanding of brewing process, and combined with self-study, I hope to retire into a career as Biermeister!

Welcome!! Great start! 

Happy Brewing!

Back