• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Multiple sort orders remembered for subdirectories!

ipso

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have my root directory sorted on the [Name] field so that I can easily find recipes (and I number my subdirectories so they sort proper too.)

What would be GREAT is if content within subdirectories could remember they are supposed to stay sorted differently, say by [DATE], so that old copies of recipes are easier to find.  :)

Right now it's only one or the other for all directories.

[Minor Edit for clarity]

+1

I agree!  I have a similar situation where the sort of one sub-dir is backwards from another one.  When I switch dirs, I have to constantly re-sort.

I have a workaround.

I traditionally keep the dates in all my template recipes the date I made the last change/tweak.  What I’ll do moving forward it just keep all my templates 1/1/2012. 

With all of the dates the same, the secondary sort order field is [Name], so I’m able to see all my recipes sorted Alpha.  But my subdirectories are still sorted by date.

(Although.., It would still be nice to have multiple sort orders remembered by directory, as Beer_ Tiger can attest!  ;D)

Back