• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Copper Ale Clone Needed

E

Eric_Stephenson

Hey All,

I got a buddy of mine who has done lots of favors for me over the last year or so and I just found out that he really, really enjoys Otter Creek's Copper Ale.

I plan on making a batch of this for him but so far I haven't had any luck finding a clone recipe for it.

Can any of you help me out with a extract or partial mash recipe? I haven't gotten to the all grain brewing yet.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Hmmm...

If memory serves me this is a German Alt style beer right?  One could probably get fairly close using the BJCP guidlines for an Alt, grabbing a few bottles to taste test/guess ingredients with and scrutinizing reviews of the brew.  

I can't find a clone recipe for this beer either which is usually when I do the above.

Good luck Eric!  I'll post back if I stumble across something.

AKZymie~

AKZymie,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I posted this same question on another homebrew board and got the following recipe (which I am going to brew on Sunday):

Copper Ale clone Recipe

.5 lb 80L crystal
.5 lb munich malt
1 oz US chocolate malt
1 oz US roasted barley

steep in 1 gallon 150F water for 20 mins
rinse the grain with .5 gallon water at 150F

bring to a boil and add
4 lbs light malt syrup
3 lbs light DME
4 oz maltodextrine
.5 oz chinook