• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith Lite / Full Suggestions (mobile version)

wambesi

Apprentice
Reaction score
Couldn't find an existing thread - possibly because it was only released yesterday but thought I'd start a suggestions thread.
Great work by the way Brad, very nice looking app.

A few suggestions from me for the Lite (and later full) version.

1. It would be great to have a date viewable in the recipe screen, as part of this being able to sort by date would be great. For my recipes I never use alphabetical list but rather prefer to have the latest at the top.

2. In the desktop version you can select as many recipes (as your cloud account accepts) as you want, right click and send to cloud. However when you then copy from the cloud to the mobile version you have to do one at a time - can we get a multiple copy from cloud feature?

I couldn't find these two, so if they are hidden somewhere please let me know.

That's all I have for now, keep up the great work and I'm more than happy for people to continue to use this thread if they want for further mobile suggestions.

Do you have to go through the cloud? Couldn't you just hook the phone to the computer and pull all the recipes that way?

Yeah there isn't any import options I can see apart from cloud.

That sucks. I really don't get why the cloud is needed.

grathan said:

Not really, the cloud works fine for transferring recipes across, it could just be made a little better.
Not everyone uses dropbox or exports to copy recipes to other mediums so it does serve a purpose.

grathan said:
When you look at platforms like the iPhone and iPad (which a few people do use) there is no file system access for the user.  You can't save a file and open it up in the program.  In fact, given their sandboxing policies the program can really only use its local app storage and the internet. 

I wanted a consistent way to synch recipes.  A lot of people use the cloud today to work across multiple machines (PC and laptop), so it made sense to use it here as well.  In fact quite a few people demanded cloud access from their mobile device.

Separately - I will certainly look at the possibility of allowing multiple items to be copied at once, and also adding the date.

Brad

Will the full version be able to read a .bsmx file?

I would like to request a way to add the shopping list to the cloud so I can view it from my phone at my LHBS and a way to separate the leaf and pellet hops in the shopping list on the desktop version, but I will post this in another place.

Thanks!
  I agree it would be great to carry the shopping list over.  I will certainly look at how to do this.

Brad

Back