• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

how to move recipes

madchef77

Brewer
Reaction score
ok I have two computers now and my laptop had beersmith first.  got a desk top computer with beersmith now and my question is: how do I get my recipes from my laptop to my desktop?

Copy to cloud folder. Then the recipe can be viewed on both computers. 

Strictly speaking its 10 "free".  You can always subscribe for more.  I only use it to share the current brew between my main computer and the laptop.  Once the brew is over, I move it back to the main computer.

i got it you can copy the recipe and paste it in a new recipe on your other computer.  BRILLIANT!!!!!! let the brewing begin

You could also export the recipe, email it to yourself and then import it. Tedious and timely, yes. But, you'll have all your recipes on both computer

To make it faster, you can export all of your recipes with File->Export All as long as you are in "My Recipes" view.  This will make one big BSMX file.

On the other end, open that BSMX file, select everything and do a copy/paste into your new My Recipes folder.  It may take a minute or two but it will import all of the recipes.

Brad

Back