• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Batch Number

Johncmug

Apprentice
Reaction score
I record the batch number of every batch in the notes section in BeerSmith.  Thats kind of a pain to pull back out.  Which got me thinking... is there a unique field somewhere that would give us the batch number?  This would come in real handy when writing down the batch number on the bottle cap. I was hoping to find some way of recording it uniquely in a field or it would be even better if Beersmith generated a sequence number or something that I could use for the batch number.

Is this possible or any other suggestions ?

I think this is a great idea, I have no idea what version number does though. I picture pulling up a brew log (not that massive calendar thingee) with a list of brews by date with a brew number that link directly to the recipe file. This would also line up with the number that I write on the bottle cap to identify the beer inside.

I looked and looked and looked for a sequence number and hoped I was just missing it. Its probably there just not accessible. Assistant brewer will be a good field for me to use.. thanks for that suggestion!

By going to options, look and feel, you will find a check box for save recipes in another name on versions change. When you change the version number and exit a recipe, Beer Smith will suggest the recipe name and version number to save as.

Back