• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Modify Hops to show Pellets or whole hops

Real Ale Brewer

Apprentice
Reaction score
IN my normal brewing I use pellets and cones. It would help if the recipe showed the type of hops used.

There is a pull down menu when you select the hop variety to add or when you edit the hop variety. Right down at the bottom you have a choice of pellet, plug, and leaf. Leaf is whole hop.

I understand about the pull down menu but what would be helpfull is for the on screen and printed versions to show what type of hop was used.

Could you just rename the hops in the ingredients panel? We do the same with grain suppliers. For example just edit the names of your hops to Cascade (cone) and Cascade (Pellet).

Thank you for that suggestion, a good work around. I should have posted this question in the "Suggestions for new Beer Smith Features"
I guess Brads Team will see this thread and may see it as a usefull improvement.

Back